Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Friendship can be synthetic and manufactured.

I wonder why most people are around when things are going good. When you get your new car, they're right there to ride in it. You just got a new job, they're there., you just got paid, they're there. They're there when all those amazing things happen in your life.

But where are they when you can't pay your rent? Where are they when you break your car? When you get evicted? Oh boy! I can't see them. They're not there! There are some people that can easily find their way to the door when it's time for you to deal with some hardship. People who are only hitting us up when they need us.

In a world where almost everything is artificial, you can only count a few who will really be at your side when something totally earth-shattering happens to you. People who are there when you are at your very lowest. Unfortunately, some friendships are not strong enough to hold on in adversity and bad times.

Friendship is not about who left but about who stays with you and weathers each and every storm and I’ve been lucky in this life to have a best friend and a few good friends that I can count on to be there when I need them. There have also been some hard lessons too. I have learned that I trust too much, share too much and give too much some of the time to people who just wouldn’t do the same for me. This has left me a bit more closed off than I used to be. I am slowly learning who is important and who really cares. I am learning who deserves my friendship and who I should forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment